Pace Academy’s performing and visual arts community continues to thrive, with more than 85 percent of students participating in one or more disciplines!
The Pace Arts Alliance (PAA) plays an important role in the ongoing promotion of Pace Arts by supporting arts faculty and their programs, increasing awareness of arts activities, and raising funds to enhance student experiences in the visual and performing arts.
The 2016-2017 school year marked another stellar season for the visual and performing arts at Pace. Accomplishments included:
- 43 Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- Two Georgia High School Association (GHSA) State Literary Meet titles: Girls Vocal Solo and Argumentative Essay; third place for Vocal Trio
- A full-scale outdoor production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Second place in the GHSA One-Act Play competition
- Honorable Mention for sound design at the Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards
The Pace Arts Alliance bolstered the arts at Pace in 2016-2017 by lending support for:
- Acting, chorus, visual art and percussion/band students honed their skills in discipline-specific master classes.
Guests Artist Performances & Presentations
- Students enjoyed Incognito, a one-man, autobiographical play in which actor Michael Fosberg portrays more than a dozen characters as he recounts the true tale of the search for his biological father.
- Hispanic dancers performed for Lower School students during National Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Photographer Ilia Varcev spoke to Upper School students in conjunction with Atlanta Celebrates Photography’s fall exhibit at Pace.
All-Access Pass Events
- The PAA sponsored the first-ever All-Access Pass event, which gave students an in-depth look at careers in the music recording industry. Upper School students toured a recording studio with GRAMMY winner and mixing engineer Phil Tan, who later moderated panel discussions for Middle and Upper School students. The panel included Tan's industry colleagues: a singer-songwriter, entertainment lawyer, music producer, artist-development manager and music video director.
College Counseling Night for Arts Students
- The PAA co-sponsored an evening in which representatives from UNC School of the Arts, Florida State University, Emory University and SCAD discussed application requirements for performing arts majors.
Continuing Education for Arts Faculty
- A ceramics kiln for Upper School visual art classrooms
- Upgrades to the Fine Arts Center lobby, including audio visual displays and signage
Promotion of Pace Arts within the Community
- The PAA launched a monthly newsletter containing faculty profiles, event previews and other arts news.
The Pace Arts Alliance continues to grow each year. Please join us at any level that fits your family as we support Pace Academy’s stellar arts programs. Join the Pace Arts Alliance now.
Thank you for your continued support of the arts at Pace!
Dana Ray & Jennifer Demba
Co-Presidents, Pace Arts Alliance
|Co-Presidents||Jennifer Demba & Dana Ray|
|Past President||Stephanie Husk|
|Secretary||Mary Kelly Cunningham|
|Membership Chair||Lorraine Miller|
|Administrative Advisor||Graham Anthony|
|Fine Arts Faculty Chair||Danny Doyle|
|Advancement Liaison||Debra Mann|
|Event Hospitality & Recognition||Jimmy Cushman|
|Upper School Chorus||Melissa Trimble, Debbie Levin & Rob Carter|
|Sixth- & Seventh-Grade Chorus||TBD|
|Eighth-Grade Chorus||Mary Kelly Cunningham|
|Lower School Visual/Performing Arts||Kimi Queguiner & Banu Elizondo|
|Strings||Barbara Gibbs & Dana Schank|
|Middle School Theatre||Sue Gardner Buffenbarger|
|Upper School Theatre||Donna Pottorff|