About Pace Athletics
Physical education in the Lower School develops basic movement skills and athletic fundamentals while encouraging fun. Our curriculum uses a wide variety of skill-based activities to build cardiovascular endurance, muscle development, agility and speed. We also offer an after-school intramural program to fourth- and fifth-grade students.
In Middle School, students may participate in 21 competitive teams, many of which have no-cut policies and practice during the school day as part of physical education. Eighty percent of Upper School students play at least one sport and may choose from 35 competitive teams. Pace competes in the Georgia High School Athletic Association (GHSA) Class AA’s Region 6.
At all levels, Pace STUDENT-athletes...
- Develop and appreciate the value of hard work, determination and self-discipline
- Learn the importance and benefit of being part of a team
- Learn to compete with good sportsmanship, grace and humility
- Attain the highest level of their athletic ability
- Represent Pace Academy's highest standards
- Learn acceptance for and tolerance of varied contributions and abilities of teammates and opponents