At Pace Academy, parents are vital to the personality and culture of our school. Pace thrives as a result of parental involvement; parents thrive because they’re involved. In fact, if a school could be measured by the time and talent its families give, Pace would stand high above the rest.
Pace parents are involved with one or more (often all three) of our three parent organizations:
Membership in The Parents Club is extended automatically to all parents of Pace students—no need to join! The Parents Club supplies Pace with an army of volunteers who work to enhance every area of campus life and raise funds to enrich the school. In the Parents Club, there’s a place for every parent to use his or her talents—no task is too small.
The Parents Club looks for strong leaders and those who prefer following; individuals with artistic talent and those who love crunching numbers; parents who enjoy fundraising and those who would never ask for a dime. Whether it’s chairing the Fall Fair or the Auction, stuffing a mailing or putting away library books, there is an important job waiting for every parent at Pace!
What did the Parents Club do in 2016-2017?
- Funded the Citizens of the World Travel Grant Program
- Funded requests from teachers and administrators for projects
- Hosted annual events that included the Fall Fair and Auction & Gala
The Arts Alliance is Pace’s arts advocate, uniting Pace’s enthusiastic arts supporters in support of our drama, music and visual arts programming and helping our talented arts faculty ensure Pace arts remain second to none.
What did the Arts Alliance do in 2016-2017?
- Supported all students pursing artistic endeavors (80 percent of Middle School students and 85 percent of Upper School students).
- Promoted Upper School and Middle School plays.
- Ensured another year excellence for our arts programs.
Through memberships and events such as the Pace Race, the Booster Club supports and enhances Pace athletics, providing funds for equipment, facilities and the other wide-ranging needs of our athletics programs.
What did the Booster Club do in 2016-2017?
- Enhanced Pace Athletics with equipment
- Improved athletic facilities
- Weight-room renovation
- Added fence screens around the tennis courts
- Added signage to Walsh Field
- Purchased tickets for students to attend state-playoff games
- Hosted Queens of the Court and Pace RaceLearn More about Booster Club