YOUR Tax Credit: A BIG Impact to Students
At Pace, the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program makes an extraordinary impact to our student body—providing financial aid for highly qualified students with financial need.
Through the program, state residents, S- and C-corporations, LLCs, partnerships and trusts can redirect a portion of their Georgia tax liability to a Student Scholarship Organization (SSO) in support of financial aid at one or more independent schools of the taxpayer's choice.
When you participate, you receive a 100% tax credit to your state income tax bill for the amount of your contribution.
Tax Credit Limits
- $5,000 married filing jointly
- $2,500 married filing separately
- $2,500 single individual
- $25,000 S-Corp/LLC/Partnership
- 75 percent of state eligible tax liability for Corporations or Trusts, or S-Corp/PassThrough electing to pay Georgia tax through the entity.
Participation is Fast and Easy—here’s how:
Pace Academy partners with Apogee Scholarship Fund, a state-approved SSO. You apply to support Pace through Apogee.
Paperless – apply online.
- Click here to complete the electronic form.
- No signature is required.
Printed form – apply by mail, fax or email.
- Click here to print the form.
- Mail, fax or email the completed form to Apogee at:
Apogee Scholarship Fund
3330 Cumberland Blvd, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30339
Apogee stays in touch with you throughout the process, notifies you by email (or letter if an email address is not provided) when your application is approved and provides payment details. To finalize your participation, Apogee must receive payment from you within 60 days of state approval. Think of it as prepaying taxes you already owe to the state and giving them to Pace. You receive 100% credit on your state tax return for the full amount of your contribution.
Please visit the Apogee Scholarship Fund website for more information.
Participation in the Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program is NOT a charitable donation to Pace Academy; rather it’s a redirection of tax liability already owed to the state of Georgia. We hope you will also contribute to The Pace Fund, each year, to help Pace fund other important educational priorities.
About Financial Aid
Tax credit funds are an important part of Pace Academy's overall financial aid resources, and restricted to students starting at Pace in Pre-First or first grades or matriculating to Pace from public schools in any grade. Funds are assigned based on a family’s demonstrated financial need.
Parents or guardians interested in applying for financial aid should contact Pace Academy's financial aid office at 404-240-9109. Visit the Pace Academy Tuition & Financial Aid page.
For more information about the Georgia Tax Credit Program, go to the Georgia Department of Education website.
- What is the Georgia Private School Tax Credit?
- How can these tax credits benefit Pace Academy and me?
- How does it work?
- How do tax credit funds help the financial aid program at Pace?
- How many Pace students have received tax credit funds?
- Does my participation in the Georgia Private School Tax Credit program count as a charitable deduction?